International Human Solidarity Day 2021 is on Monday, 20 December 2021. Human Solidarity Day is the United Nations(UN) observance and is observed on 20th December every year.
International Human Solidarity Day Meaning
Solidarity is an awareness of shared interests, creating a sense of unity in societies. Cooperation and solidarity can pursue the aim of the UN of lifting people out of poverty, hunger and disease. Feeling the importance and necessity of solidarity, the United Nations purposed 20 December of each year as International Human Solidarity Day in 2005.
Theme and Purpose of International Human Solidarity Day
The theme and basic purpose of solidarity day are to eradicate poverty and promote the culture of cooperation, equality and social justice, which tends to human and social development particularly in developing countries.
International Human Solidarity Day Theme is not changed every year by the United Nations.
History of International Human Solidarity Day
On 22 December 2005, the General Assembly of the United Nations revealed that solidarity is one of the basic pillars of the relationship among people of the world in the twenty-first century. The United Nations emphasized upon governments to maintain equality and social justice among people for the eradication of poverty and decided to celebrate 20 December of each year as International Human Solidarity Day.
Earlier on 20 December 2002, the General Assembly of the UN has established the World Solidarity Fund for the eradication of poverty that became a Trust Fund of the UN’s Development Program in February 2003.
International Human Solidarity Day Activities
- International Human Solidarity Day provides us with a bright opportunity to celebrate our unity in diversity.
- On this Day importance and needs of solidarity must be debated and discussed at proper forums.
- Solidarity is one of the basic tools for the eradication of poverty from society.
- This Day is also a reminder for governments to respect international agreements.
- On International Human Solidarity Day we must raise public awareness about the utmost significance of solidarity, in order to fulfil the desired targets of the United Nations for Sustainable Development Goals
The UN symbol of international Human Solidarity Day is the sketch of four humans encompassing the earth with their arms collectively. The sketches of humans are of different colors which is the symbol of unity and solidarity.
International Human Solidarity Day Observance Dates[table id=8 /]
United States of America, Canada, England, Russia, Australia, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Europe, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey and all other world countries celebrate International Human Solidarity Day on the same date of 20th December.