National Gourmet Coffee Day 2023(U.S)
National Gourmet Coffee Day is on Wednesday, January 18, 2023. Celebrated annually to appreciate coffee’s rich history and explore new ways to brew gourmet coffee.
What is Gourmet Coffee?
Gourmet coffee uses hundred-per cent Arabica beans. These beans provide a fantastic texture, rich flavor, and pleasant aroma to the coffee. Furthermore, Arabica beans are less popular but more luxurious and tasteful than the Robusta beans used in regular coffee.
Dates of the National Gourmet Coffee Day 2023 J
|2023 Wednesday, January 18|
|2024 Thursday, January 18|
|2025 Saturday, January 18|
|2026 Sunday, January 18|
|2027 Monday, January 18|
History of the day
The origin, founder, and history of the day are not still determined, and there is no exact year in which the day was established.
Why do we celebrate the day?
The day is established to appreciate the rich and complete record of the coffee as well as for the celebration of fresh and latest ways that gourmet coffee has built its way into the lives and coffee mugs of the people.
Activities of the day/ Ideas to celebrate the day
Brew gourmet coffee
Let’s brew the gourmet coffee with your favorite recipe. No doubt making coffee is another fun. This day is an excellent opportunity for coffee lovers to explore one more flavor with the innovative recipe.
Enjoy Coffee, Winter, and Family
Make your winters warm with the love of your lovely family and coffee. You can offer your family gourmet coffee during the gathering hour of the family to make the moments memorable.
Enjoy your coffee in the way you want
Obviously, you would like to take gourmet coffee on this day to enjoy its yummy taste and rich texture. It depends on whether you want to enjoy it solely or like a friend’s company. Invite your friends and have a coffee get-together with friends if you’re going to enjoy it with friends.
Offer coffee in your meeting.
If you have hosted a meeting or you are in a meeting. You can offer everybody a cup of coffee on this day to make everyone smile because of you.
Buy and grind gourmet coffee.
When you go grocery, buy 100% Arabica beans despite regular coffee to enjoy a changing flavor and to celebrate the day. Now let’s grind coffee beans.
Bake a gourmet coffee cake
If you are a coffee as well as dessert lover. It’s a great opportunity to have a combo of both. Let’s bake a fluffy coffee cake and enjoy the taste of both.
Experimentation with gourmet coffee
Try to make something new with extra amazing flavor and recipe because coffee has covered every recipe and can be adjusted with every dessert. It’s a perfect chance to give free rein to your talent and check out what you can do to make something more tasteful innovatively.
Offer gourmet coffee as a gift.
Gifting arabica coffee to dear ones can be a memorable gift of the day.
Some Facts and Benefits of the Arabica Coffee 2023
- When Alfred Peet started a coffee stall in America, gourmet coffee was first introduced there.
- Arabica coffee contains caffeine that helps to stay active and alert.
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Gourmet coffee holds valuable minerals and vitamins.
- It is low in calories and helps in weight loss.
- Arabica coffee offers a great source of hydration and electrolytes.
- Brazil produces an enormous amount of Arabica coffee worldwide.
- Regular use of black coffee can also aid in eliminating chronic diseases.
- Coffee releases stress and anxiety.
- Arabica coffee plants cannot bear harsh or frost climates and like humidity.
- The beans take 7 years to mature and be used.
- Its taste offers a slightly sweet flavor with hints of fruits, berries, chocolates, and nuts.
How to make our own gourmet coffee at home?
Here are some essential steps and tips to make gourmet coffee at home. So, follow them and enjoy your rich coffee at home.
- Buy coffee beans. Know your coffee beans and where they come from.
- Use a coffee measuring scale to have a proper idea of the amount to be used.
- Grind only the amount you need.
- Store the remaining coffee in a ceramic container.
- Water matters a lot. So, use filtered water.
- Steam the milk.
- Brew well. Brewing methods matters and makes the taste.
- Add spices to your coffee to enhance flavor.
- Often clean your coffee container.
Reasons to Love the Day
We love National Gourmet Coffee Day because it makes us educate about so many new things and encourages us to experience them. This day is a source to increase our experiences and add them to the bucket of experiences of our lives. This day’s occurrence in winter also makes the charm doubled to have a coffee to warm it. Furthermore, this day is all about coffee, one of our favorites. It’s not a big deal to dedicate a day to celebrate this magical natural creation.
Quotes and Messages of the Day
- “Coffee is a hug in a mug.” Happy National Gourmet Coffee Day!
- “My coffee is strong, So, am I.”
- “Coffee does not ask the silly questions. Coffee understands.” _(Unknown)
- “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy coffee. And that’s pretty close.”
- “Coffee ion one hand to have confidence in the other.”
- “They say laughter is the best medicine but, they lied, no doubt its coffee.”
- “Love is in the air. I can smell my coffee brewing.”
- “Having coffee with friends is all therapy we need.”
Flavored Coffee Beans
Here are the top gourmet-flavored coffee beans:
- French Vanilla.
- Macadamia Nut.
- Irish Cream.
- Crème Brulee.
- Pumpkin Spice.
Mouthwatering Gourmet Coffee Pairings With Food
- Berries like raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries taste great with coffee.
- Tart fruit such as kiwis, cherries, and citrus becomes a delicious pairing with coffee.
- Milk chocolate is another high-quality pairing with coffee.
- Stone fruit includes peaches, plums, and apricots, all fruits that have a pit can be a good pair with your coffee.
- Chocolate-covered bananas are another option to pair your coffee. Peel bananas, cover them with chocolate, and enjoy with coffee.
- Gourmet dark chocolate is the best combo with gourmet coffee.
- Chocolate bark is a classic pairing with coffee, especially for chocolate lovers.
- Chocolate mousse pairing induces deliciousness and enhances the flavor of the coffee.
- Many coffee shops sell sweetbreads such as Starbucks and lemon loaf because sweetbread goes pretty well with coffee.
How much should gourmet coffee be used?
The suitable ratio is 30 grams of coffee in 500 milliliters of water. It will serve a good taste.
From where can I buy gourmet coffee?
Buying fresh coffee is the best way to purchase gourmet coffee. You can buy directly from the local coffee roaster.
Who likes the coffee most/ men vs. women?
Men drink coffee more than women. Males ranked 50%, while females have 32% in their coffee habits.
Is hot coffee good or cold coffee?
Cold coffee is better than hot coffee because it is more suitable for our digestive system.
How could I know if the coffee was bad?
Bad coffee will smell and looks bad. Don’t drink it, just throw it.
Should coffee be cold or hot?
120°F to 140°F is the suitable temperature for coffee.
What are the brewing methods?
- Cold brew method.
- Pour over method.
- French press method.
- Chemex method.
- V60 pour method.
- AeroPress method.