National Hot Chocolate Day is on Tuesday, January 31st, 2023. People celebrate the day annually to enjoy a timeless cold-weather beverage in the U.S.
History of the day
Hot cocoa day’s origin, history, and founder have yet to be discovered. There is no exact year revealed in which the day was started celebrating.
Why do people celebrate the day? / Purpose to celebrate
This day offers an opportunity to enjoy our favorite Strong chocolate and serve it to our dear ones to gather some warmth in the cold weather.
Annual Dates of the Event
Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
Wednesday, January 31st, 2024
Friday, January 31st, 2025
Saturday, January 31st, 2026
Sunday, January 31st, 2027
What is hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate is a hot beverage made by stirring chocolate pieces or cocoa powder with hot water or warm milk.
How to celebrate the day / Activities of the day
Make hot chocolate
To enjoy the day first step is to make strong chocolate, whether you want to drink or serve it. So, make it and enjoy its rich flavor and warmth in winter!
Decorate it with a variety of toppings
You can enhance the taste of your Cacao by adding different toppings of your choice. Decorating the mug with a variety of hot cocoa is really fun!
Enjoy it in front of a roaring fire.
This day is perfect for sitting in front of a roaring fire at night with friends with mugs of hot chocolaty beverages!
Invite your friends
Make the day a beautiful memory by inviting your chocolate lover friends! Call them to enjoy and cheers the mugs of strong Cacao.
The best way to enjoy the chocolaty glory of hot cocoa day is all about drinking it! So, go out, find your nearby local café or coffee shop, and order it!
Sample other flavors of hot chocolate
This time is to try and taste different flavors of hot cocoa. So, try them and share your experience with your friends or on social media.
Taste the difference between hot cocoa and chocolate
Hot cocoa and Strong chocolate are taken as the same things, but they are different. Taste them both to find out their taste differences.
Try the magical chocolate bombs.
Try coco bombs today! The chocolate bomb “explodes,” melts, and transforms into a yummy cup of hot chocolate when you place this magical sphere in a mug and pour hot milk over it!
Share the Strong chocolate recipe
If you know about the recipe for hot cocoa. Feel free to share it on social media because not everyone knows, but everyone wants to know it and all about chocolate on this day!
Share the picture of your mug
Make and decorate your mug of delicious hot cocoa. Take snaps and share them on social media platforms with hashtags and warm wishes of the day.
Send wishes of the day
This day is about wishing, serving, and enjoying strong Cacao. So, it’s time to wish the hot and chocolaty beverage day to your siblings, friends, classmates, and social media friends. Wish them like, “Dear, let’s enjoy winters, cozy evenings, warm blankets, and strong Cacao.” Because it’s time to celebrate our favorite Strong Cacao! Wish you a very Happy Hot Chocolate Day!
Most Famous Hot Chocolate Picks!
|Williams Sonoma Classic Hot Chocolate|
|Godiva Milk Chocolate Cocoa Canister (Super Milk Chocolate)|
|Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa (Classic)|
|Ghirardelli Cocoa Beverage Mix|
|Godiva Chocolatier Dark Chocolate Hot Coco (Dark Chocolate)|
|Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Mix with Marshmallows (Nostalgic)|
|Cocoa Grizzly Hot Chocolate (Splurge-Worthy)|
|Swiss Miss Marshmallow Lovers Hot Chocolate (for Marshmallow lovers)|
|Williams Sonoma Peppermint Hot Chocolate (Peppermint)|
Why do we love this day?
It is a Perfect winter beverage.
The first reason to love this day is that this day falls in winter, and we all seek hot beverages in the cold weather to enjoy the warmth. So, this day brings a superb opportunity to enjoy a hot drink as well as celebrate the day.
It’s all about chocolate!
Mostly people of all ages love chocolate. This day becomes a great source of happiness for chocolate lovers because it’s all about drinking delicious chocolate.
Good for health
Amazingly, chocolate is really good for our health because it contains many minerals, vitamins, biochemical compounds, and antioxidants, all of which boost our health. Moreover, chocolate drinks can enhance the microcirculation of the skin.
It boosts the mood
Serotonin and endorphins (neurotransmitters of our brain) are released while drinking hot cocoa; it causes relief of pain and a feeling of calmness. No doubt! Drinking hot chocolate is real happiness in a mug!
It evokes the memory of childhood
Drinking cocoa is more relatable to eating chocolates in childhood. Its taste reminds us of the sweet memories of our childhood and makes us happy!
Top Hot Chocolate Places in the U.S. Check it Out; May You Find Nearby You!
|Compartes Chocolatier||(Los Angeles)|
|City Bakery||(New York City)|
|Artfully Chocolate||(Alexandria, Virginia)|
|Intelligentsia||(located in various U.S. locations)|
|Serendipity 3||(New York City)|
|Chocolate Lab||(San Francisco)|
|Katherine Anne Confections||(Chicago)|
|Kakawa Chocolate House||(Santa Fe)|
|Clementine’s Creamery||(St. Louis, Missouri)|
|Kreuther Handcrafted Chocolate||(New York)|
|French Broad Chocolates||(Asheville, North Carolina)|
|The Little Nell||(Aspen, Colorado)|
|Mindy’s Hot Chocolate||(Chicago)|
Recipe to make hot chocolate
- Stir the sugar, cocoa, salt, and two spoons of milk in a small container on the stove. (You can also use water instead of milk).
- Keep the flame/heat medium-low until the sugar and cocoa are melted.
- Stir in the rest of the milk and heat it over medium heat.
- Whisk it! Till it gets hot.
- Stir it in vanilla.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Add a touch of your favorite spices.
- It’s ready to serve!
Hot cocoa Vs. Chocolate
Many of us need clarification on these two. These two drinks are taken to be the same, but they are clearly distinct. Let us differentiate them!
|Cocoa is a hot drink made with cocoa powder stirred into milk or water and sugared with sugars.||Strong chocolate is made with semisweet, bittersweet, or small pieces of dark chocolate that are stirred in milk with sugar.|
|Hot cocoa is less dense and thinner.||It is much denser and richer.|
|It can get sweeter and creamier due to additives.||Its taste can be bittersweet, depending upon the percentage of pure cocoa in it.|
|It is lower in fat than hot chocolate.||It has more fat as compared to Hot cocoa.|
So, they are similar but not just the same.
Mouthwatering Food Pairings with Hot Chocolate
- Tangy fruits and the sweetness of Strong Cacao are amazing pairings!
- Sweet foods like candy canes, caramel candy, and angel food cake are moderate pairings with a hot chocolaty beverage.
- Try some salty snacks like potato chip cookies.
- Spiked gingerbread with a hot chocolatey beverage is a fantastic pairing.
Fun facts about Sharp chocolate
- About 3000 years ago, Maya (Mexico) invented hot chocolate drinks first.
- In the 17th Century, the Dutch brought sharp chocolate for the first time to the U.S.
- Consuming chocolate increases the natural brain chemical enkephalin, which causes its cravings.
- Hot cocoa contains flavonoids, which increase blood flow and prevents blood clots and blockage.
- Thomas Jefferson (3rd president of the U.S.) bought his first bunch of chocolate in 1775 and was a big fan of Strong Cacao.
- According to Genius World Record, the ever-largest cup was about 1272.3 gallons of hot chocolate.
- It is believed that Cacao has medicinal properties as well as benefits.
- Strong chocolate is healthy as it is full of antioxidants.
- WWI soldiers were served Strong chocolate from the YMCA.
Quotes of the day
- “Blood is really warm; it’s like drinking Strong Cacao but with more screaming.” _ (Ryan Mecum)
- Fabrizio Caramagna said, “An ordinary bar, a handful of slow hours, a Cacao, and a dream to watch calmly.”
- ” Strong Cacao is like a hug from the inside.” _ (Anonymous)
- Tessa Shaffer said, “Because the best gift in life is just having someone to drink strong chocolate with.”
- “Love is like swallowing strong Cacao before it has cooled off. It surprises you at first but keeps you warm for a long time.” _ (Henri Frederic Amiel)
- Anonymous said, ” Strong Cacao is good for the palate and good for the soul.”
How much is hot chocolate per cup in the U.S.?
Hot chocolate in a tall cup costs around 3.45$ in the U.S.
Which one is more delicious if I choose hot cocoa or hot chocolate?
You have both good options to drink, but strong chocolate is a little more delicious and luxurious. Many enjoy both with equal fun, while others prefer one.
Can I drink a cup of Strong chocolate at night before bed?
Yes! You can drink it before bed to have a relaxed sleep because just the chocolatey smell is enough to make us calm.
Do Americans call hot chocolate hot cocoa?
Yes! Usually, Americans call hot cocoa hot chocolate. Even hot cocoa-selling companies also call their powders Strong chocolate.