World Milk Day 2021 Date
World Milk Day 2021 is on Tuesday 1st June 2021. We celebrate Global Milk Day on the 1st of June every year.
World Milk Day Theme 2021
“Sustainability in the dairy sector” is the theme of this year’s world milk day. This theme glorifies the importance of all Dairy Products. Milk is the basic and first organic source of all dairy items. Cheese, butter, curd and cream are healthy products that are manufactured from milk. A huge number of people are attached to the dairy sector. They meet their basic needs by trading in milk and all related products. A handsome revenue is generated from the dairy sector. Hence this theme urges to address the issues of this sector. Sustainability in the dairy sector is the management of this important nutrient and its bye-products for the greater welfare and health of people.
History Highlights of World Milk Day
Milk is undoubtedly a global food. In 2001, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (UN) introduced for the first time and the 1st of June was declared as World Milk Day.
Purpose of Milk Day
- To promote the benefits that intake of milk and dairy products provide for people.
- To tell how dairy supports the livelihoods of over one billion people.
- To know about the problems of the dairy sector which is a vital part of the global food system, providing economic, nutritional & social benefits to the world.
Key Facts about Milk and its Benefits
- About 1.2 billion people in the world are attached to Dairy Sector.
- The USA is the largest milk producer in the world.
- The biggest Exporter of Cow milk in the world is New Zealand while China is its biggest importer.
- Milk is a rich source of protein, its one cup contains 8 grams of Protein.
- Milk also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex (b1, b2, b3 b5, b6, b12), Vitamin D and \Vitamin K.
- It’s a rich source of Calcium(67%), magnesium(35%) and phosphate(44%). These nutrients are essential for healthy bones.
How to Celebrate World Milk Day?
World Milk Day Celebrations
- Due to Covid-19, restrictions in the world no event is possible to celebrate physically. Thus we can vitalize milk and dairy products through social media platforms and campaigns.
- Safe, pure and hygienic milk is the only thing that can meet our demands. So we should include it in our celebration slogans.
- We can ensure the availability of safe milk to everyone and can discourage the use of unsafe and impure milk.
- During the pandemic, help the needy one with dairy foods milk packets.
- Encourage the dairy sector and pay tribute to them for the services they provide.
World Milk Day Observances
|World Milk Day||2020||1st June||Monday||International|
|World Milk Day||2021||1st June||Tuesday||International|
|World Milk Day||2022||1st June||Wednesday||International|
|World Milk Day||2023||1st June||Thursday||International|
|World Milk Day||2024||1st June||Saturday||International|
|World Milk Day||2025||1st June||Sunday||International|