Christmas Day 2022 is on December 25. It is celebrated as a public holiday annually worldwide. Christians celebrate Christmas to commemorate the birth of Jesus.
History of the Day
The Romans started Christmas Day on December 25. Christmas was first celebrated in Rome on December 25, AD 336. The nativity date was a topic of great interest In the 3rd century. Different countries started celebrating the day at different times, as the UK celebrated its first Christmas day in 1832 and the US in 1850.
Why do Christians Celebrate the Day?
Christians celebrate the day to commemorate Jesus Christ’s birth. Christians consider that he is the Son of God and celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday.
People give gifts to their family members and friends, representing the gifts by the frankincense, Magi of gold and myrrh to the newly born Jesus.
Groups of singers perform the singing of carols on Christmas Evening as well as Christmas Day. They dressed merrily and sang holiday songs in front of private homes, town squares, or business districts.
Decorating Christmas tree
Ornamenting a tree is the most enjoyable tradition of this day. People decorate the tree with different and unique ideas.
Activities of the Day
Create your calendar
Make your calendar filled with sweet amazements and spread enthusiasm. You can create your own calendar with a muffin tin, envelopes, paper bags, or some other available items, and include pretty and unique mini gifts and cards in it for an unforgettable celebration of the day.
The vacations are a fantastic opportunity for spreading joy surrounding you, and it will make you more cheerful on your holiday.
Decorate your house
Decorate your home with the highlighted colours of Christmas and candles or candy lights.
Whistling your Favorite Christmas song
Whistle your desired tune of Christmas with a smile and be the source of others’ smiles.
Wish the day to everybody surrounding you and on social media as Happy Christmas holidays or Merry Christmas 2023. Your cheerfulness will be catching.
Do ice skating.
Have a gathering with your friends for winter partying and enjoying Christmas 2022. Welcome the winters joyfully and serve your guests Hot Buttered Rum and Christmas cookies of your choice for an ice-skating party.
Put a Christmas tree in your bedroom.
Put the decorated tree in your bedroom with beautiful and colorful lights and share your tree’s picture with your friends.
Invite close ones to a potluck
Invite your friends and family to a special dinner. Gathering with your beloveds is one of the most significant traditions of Christmas to make wintertime warmer by distributing happiness and warmth of love. You will see off your family and close ones with stomachs filled with food and hearts full of pleasure!
Share your experience of the day on social media.
Share your pictures and activity 2023 with your friends or publicly.
Reasons to Love this Day
Provides moments of leisure
This day is an excellent source of pleasure and leisure to get rid of the dull routine of life. The day provides the moments to make some new and enjoy with loved ones.
It’s cheerful, joyous, and bright.
Christmas is an ecstatic holiday! Many people celebrate it to participate in enjoying its fun and family times. People adorn their homes with colorful lights, the pleasant fragrance of hot cocoa and spices covering the atmosphere, and stunningly decorated pine trees add more to the day’s beauty.
It has a more profound sense.
In the Christian religion, the Christmas holiday is celebrated to honor the sacred birth of Christ. It reminds us of the gestures of forgiveness, love, and kindness.
It reminds our childhood.
The day reminds the celebrators of their childhood memories of writing wishes at night, putting that paper under their pillows, and waiting for Santa Claus’ gifts.
It’s sweater time
Christmas came with various collections of knitted sweaters in different colors adorned with glitter and bows that only appear this month after a year. These gorgeous garments only debut during this particular season.
Facts about Christmas 2023
- Most United States consumers spend $29.14 for Christmas cards.
- Approximately 64% of American customers buy their gifts online.
- 92% of Americans celebrate Christmas.
- Americans spend $663.96, and the British spend $522.56 on holiday gifts.
- The US sails 25 to 30 million trees annually.
- There are 15,000 Christmas tree farms in the US.
- Three hundred fifty million Christmas trees grow in the US.
- Canada is the largest Christmas tree exporter in the world.
- 79% of Americans put up a Christmas tree.
- 51% of Americans celebrate the day as a religious holiday.
- Over 160 countries celebrate Christmas.
- New Zeeland first celebrated Christmas.
- People purchase 1.6 billion Christmas cards every year.
Quotes of the Day
- Tupac Shakur said, “Christmas to me is to make every people cheerful and happy to an extent.”
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” _ (Peg Bracken)
- Hamilton Wright Mabi said, “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.”
- Christina G. Rossetti quoted, “Love came down at Christmas; love all lovely, love divine; love was born at Christmas, stars and angels gave the sign.”
- Calvin Coolidge said, “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.”
- Alexander Smith said, “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”
- “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance — each beautiful, unique and too soon gone.” _ (Deborah Whipp)
- Mary Ellen Chase said, “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.”
- John Greenleaf Whittier said, “For somehow, not only at Christmas, but all the long year through, The joy that you give to others is the joy that comes back to you.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.” _ (Charles Dickens)
- Janice Maeditere said, “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”