World Tourism Day 2023 is on Wed, 27th September 2023. Tourism is the movement of people to countries, mountains and places outside their usual environment for the sake of joy. World tourism day is recognized every year on the 27th of September with a festivity driven by UNWTO (United Nations World Tourism Organisation). The first time it was praised in September 1980. It was 27th September 1970, when the Statutes of the United Nations World Tourism Organization were embraced which are seen as an accomplishment in the overall movement business.
Theme Of World Tourism Day 2023
UNWTO has announced that the theme of world tourism day 2023 is ”Rethinking Tourism”.The global day of observance will this year focus on re-imagining the area development.
The Color of World Tourism Day
The color for this day is blue. Blue is the color of peace and calm. The blue color of sky evokes the feelings of tranquillity and prosperity. So, the blue color is an exact match for world tourism day.
Host Country of World Tourism Day 2023
UNWTO decided that the official World Tourism Day celebration will be held in Bali, Indonesia, on 27 September. Wonderful Indonesia Witness the 42nd World Tourism Day 2022 in Bali, Indonesia. The Republic of Indonesia will have the authority day( 27 September) however all UNWTO part states as well as non-part partners.
Host countries and themes of the World Tourism Day
Year Host Country Theme
2019 India «Tourism and jobs: a better future for all»
2018 Hungary «Tourism and the digital transformation»
2017 Qatar «Sustainable tourism – a tool for development»
2016 Thailand «Tourism for all – promoting universal accessibility»
Facts about Tourism Day
- The tourism industry generates approximately 29% of the world economy. It includes transport, stores, hostelry, restoration, guides and more.
- Since 2011, there is every year more than 1 billion tourists each year and it grow more and more. Over the years, more and more people are getting the ability to travel.
- Paris – France is the most visited destination of all time.
- Some countries that attract more tourists than France are the UK, Spain, the USA, China, Italy, Turkey and Germany.
- Big Ben (London) the UK, Pyramids of Giza (Cairo) Egypt, Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Istanbul) Turkey and Niagara falls (Ontario and New York) the USA.
- Tourism accounts for 5% of the world’s economy.
Importance Of Tourism
Tourism is an important part of our life. When you travel, you can experience things that you could never experience at home. Travel to explore, to know, to learn. Tourism is the best way to maintain international peace and brotherhood relationship.
The objective behind the observation of this day is to bring a strong network between countries. This day’s motivation is to spread mindfulness about the travel industry and its effect on our general public. This day is additionally celebrated to spread mindfulness about worldwide difficulties.
The travel industry can accomplish manageable improvement objectives. This day centers around the improvement of the travel industry. Our planet is an endowed tourism destination with extraordinary natural beauty and happy people.
Activities On Tourism Day
On this day many events are conducted by tourism departments and organizations. Every country celebrates tourism day in their own ways. Some religions organize promotional events and offer such as discounts, free offers and many more.
- Speeches and programs are organized at different levels for spreading the importance of tourism and its values to society.
- We can visit many museums and historical places.
- We can also discover the gifts of mother nature or experience the eccentric atmosphere.
- Various competitions like poster making, photography competition, essay writing etc, are held on this day.
Benefits Of Tourism
- Tourism provides opportunities for jobs, promotion of local culture and products and environment management.
- By promoting our country on an international platform, we can earn foreign revenue. It plays a vital role in the development of country.
- Tourism gives an opportunity to explore the world.
- Tourism is the source of income for tourist guides, restaurants and local people of that area.
- Tourism gives us time to listen to the sounds of nature. and it is also a source of joy and spending quality time.
- Tourism gives us chances to meet new people and to experience different cultures.
- Tourism and travel have been taught as subjects since 2000.
- Tourism reduces the level of poverty in developing countries.
TRAVEL TO ME IS VISITING UNIQUE AND REMOTE LOCATIONS ON EARTH
History of World Tourism Day
Tourism can be recognized as long as people have travelled. The travel industry started on July 5, 1841, when Thomas Cook organized a trip from Market Harborough to Loughborough for a restraint meeting. By 1845 cook s tourist industry had developed to offer outings to Glasgow for a guinea. Thomas Cook is recognised as the father of modern tourism. the word tourism has been in use since 1760, for different travellers for entertainment.
Tourism does not mean travelling on earth, but it also means exploring the whole universe like stars and galaxies and other planets. The first space tourist was US businessman Dennis Tito who paid 20 million Dollars for a trip to the worldwide space station in 2001. Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin were the first of 12 people to walk on the Moon.
Top 10 Tourism Countries In The World
- FRANCE 82.6 Million visitors
- US 75.6 Million visitors
- SPAIN 75.6 Million visitors
- CHINA 59.3 Million visitors
- ITALY 52.4 Million visitors
- UK 35.8 Million visitors
- GERMANY 35.6 Million visitors
- MEXICO 35 Million visitors
- THAILAND 32.6 Million visitors
- TURKEY 30 Million visitors