Global Day of Parents 2020 is on Monday, 1st June 2020 to honor parents across the world.
Global Parent’s Day or Parents Day provides an opportunity to appreciate and encourage all parents in all parts of the world for their selfless commitment to children and their lifelong sacrifices towards nurturing this relationship.
The United Nations proclaimed June 1 of every year as “Global Day of Parents” in 2012, to honor the parents across the world.
Parent’s Day Date in America (USA)
Sunday, 26 July 2020
In the United States, Parent’s Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of July. The Parent’s Day in the United States was created in 1994 under President Bill Clinton. It is a public holiday in the US on this Day.
Parent’s Day in South Korea
In South Korea Parent’s Day is annually held on May 8, every year. Both the public and government sectors celebrate this day in the country. It is an official holiday in Korea on Parent’s Day.
Theme of Global Parents Day 2020
“Appreciate all parents throughout the world” is the theme of global parents day 2020.
This theme is the endorsement of parent’s struggles and sacrifices towards their children across the world.
Purpose of World Parents Day
The major and basic purpose of Global Parent’s Day is to accept the sacrifices and affections of parents towards children. Not only parents rather grandparents and great grandparents are also a part of this day.
Those who are lucky enough to have grandparents in life swing a lot of pleasures of childhood. So Global Day of Parent’s urges upon to show gratitude and due respect to the elderly.
History of Parent’s Day
The footprints of Parent’s Day indicate to Korea. In 1930 some Christian communities in Korea started to celebrate Mother’s Day. In 1956 The State Council of South Korea declared May 8 as Mother’s Day. However, the lack of Father’s Day was severely felt in public think tanks. So on March 30, 1973, the date of May 8 was designated as Parent’s Day in Korea. From then it is a national holiday in Korea.
In 1994 USA President Bill Clinton signed a Congressional Resolution into law for supporting, uplifting and recognizing the role of parents for nurturing children. In the light of this resolution, the fourth Sunday of July of every year was declared as a parent’s day holiday. In 2012 UN proclaimed June 1 of every year as Global Day of Parents.
Events and Activities of Global Parent’s Day
- Siblings can give a warm welcome to their parents on their return from works.
- Adolescent children may prepare their parent’s favorite dish.
- Greetings cards of Happy Parent’s Day can be sent to parents.
- A bouquet of flowers is a pleasant gift to parents.
- You along with your family can spend the day with your old parents, by hearing their past stories and assuring them that how important they are to you.
- A gathering or function of Parent’s Day may be attended.
- A speech of parents day can be delivered at the proper forum.
School Assembly of Global Parents Day
- On the occasion of World Parents Day, the head of the school or a teacher or student can deliver a speech in assembly about the importance of the parent’s day.
- Held a speech competition between the students on the topic of ”Why They Love Their Parents or Grand Parents”
- The students can be asked to state the qualities of their parents.
- In the classroom, students can draw pics of their family members.
Facts of Global Parents Day
- In the United States, Parent’s Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of July.
- In South Korea, Parents Day is annually held on May 8, every year.
- America(USA) and South Korea have a public holiday on Parent’s Day.
- The United Nations proclaimed June 1 of every year as “Global Day of Parents” in 2012.
Speech of Parent’s Day
The loving, honorable and respected personalities of our life are our parents and grandparents. Our parents make a lot of sacrifices to be able to provide us material needs and mold us into a better and successful person.
Thanks for World Parent’s Day, which provided me a golden opportunity to express my gratitude towards my parents for the sacrifices they have suffered and the love they have showered upon me.
In the ups and downs of life, the only people who stood and will stand by us are our parents. At the time when we need our parents, they are available and spare for us and never step back. All other relationships become flimsy except the parents that remain firm till our last breath.
The person who supported me, learnt me, and taught me the skills of a successful life is my father. His mental, financial and moral support paved my path to reach this brilliant career. A mother is the most caring person in our lives. She is the only one who bears every pain just for her child’s comfort. She awakes all night long to look after her sick baby. She is a blessing of God for her children.
Without her prays and support it would be impossible for me to get a certain position on which I am today. Her optimistic attitude and kind words always brought peace to my mind.
Actually parents are the most precious blessing of God, which can’t be explained through words.
They are the only two people who want their children more ahead than themselves.
In the end, I thank my parents in enthusiasm for their great patience and love for me.
MAY YOU LIVE LONG!
Happy Parent’s Day
Thanks very much
Quotes for Parents Day
No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.
There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
Henry Ward Beecher
First your parents, give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.
There’s nothing like your mother’s sympathetic voice to make you want to burst into tears. Sophie Kinsella
We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.