When is Father’s Day in India?
Happy Father’s Day in India
Father’s Day 2021 in India is on 20, June 2021, Father’s Day in India is celebrated on the third Sunday of June every year. This Day is not a public holiday in India.
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring fathers, Dads and celebrating fatherhood, and the influence of fathers in society. Father’s day provides us an opportunity to thank our fathers for their sacrifices and love for us. You can wish this day to your father, dad, your guardian or a personality like that.
Many people celebrate father’s day by giving gifts to their fathers, outdoor and indoor parties with their fathers or any other thing that can make their father happy.
Father’s Day is similar in celebrations to Family Day, Parent’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Children’s Day.
Father’s Day Celebrations in India
Activities of Father’s Day
- A warm welcome by siblings to their father on his return from work increases the joys of Father’s Day.
- Adolescent children are a precious part of Father’s Day, they can cook their father’s favourite dish and can present it to their father as a surprise.
- Play an indoor game with your father and make him laugh by your innocent stupidities.
- Have a long walk or visit a friend along with your father.
- Have dinner with your father in a family-friendly restaurant.
- Visit your grandpa along with your father.
Gifts of Father’s Day, Gift Ideas
A bouquet of flowers, greeting cards, a hand made card or craft, cigar packet, a decorated cake, perfume, cuff links and gardening tools are famous gifts of Father’s Day.
for more celebration activities, gifts, and the importance of Father’s Day click
Background and History of Father’s Day
In 1909, an American girl Sonora Smart Dodd proposed an idea to honour fathers. Several local clergymen accepted the idea, and On June 19, 1910, the first Father’s Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington, by Sonora Smart Dodd.
After completion of her education in 1930, Dodd started promoting the celebration at a national level. She had the help of trade groups like the manufacturers of ties, tobacco pipes, and other traditional presents for fathers.
In 1972 President Richard Nixon signed a law for a permanent national holiday on this day. By the mid-1980s, the Father’s Day Council declared “Father’s Day” as a Second Christmas for all the men’s gift-oriented industries.
Father’s Day Speech
Thanks for Father’s Day, which provided me a golden opportunity to express my gratitude towards my father for the sacrifices he has suffered and the love he has showered upon me.
The person who supported me, learned me, and taught me the skills of a successful life is my father. His mental, financial and moral support paved my path to reach this brilliant career.
No doubt, a father is a symbol of responsibility, without his prays and support it would be impossible for me to get a certain position on which I am today. His optimistic attitude and kind words always brought peace to my mind.
Actually, parents are the most precious blessing of God, which can’t be explained through words.
They are the only two people who want their children more ahead than themselves.
In the end, I thank my father in enthusiasm for his great patience and love for me.
MAY YOU LIVE LONG!
Happy Father’s Day,
Thanks very much.
Father’s Day Quotes
- Dad! You are my hero, without you I am zero.
- It’s me, dad, just wanted to tell you, I miss you bad.
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.”~ Tim Russert
- “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place.”~ Hillary Lytle
- “Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad!”~Anon
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”~ Sigmund Freud
Father’s Day Dates in India