International Father’s Day 2021 is on Sunday, 20 June 2021.
Father’s Day is celebrated annually on the third Sunday of June in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, India, Pakistan and many other countries. Australia and New Zealand tribute to fathers on the first Sunday of September.
Father’s Day is a celebration honoring Dads and celebrating fatherhood, and the influence of fathers in society. Different countries celebrate this day on different dates, though more than 111 countries have adopted the U.S. date, which is the third Sunday of June. Father’s Day is analogous to Sibling’s Day, Mother’s Day, Family Day and Parent’s Day in celebrations. Father’s Day is not a United Nations Observance so this Day is not proffered by a specific theme by the UNs.
Father’s Day Importance
Happy Father’s Day celebrations happen in the honor of good-hearted and strict paternal figures. You can wish this day to a person whom you consider your father or who is precious in your life as a father or dad, guardian, or a person like that. Many people don’t need a specific day to honor their fathers however one designated day helps us to remember this moral duty if we have a heart filled with love and compassion for our close relationships. Many people celebrate father’s day by recollecting their childhood memories with their fathers and giving them gifts like flowers, fitness gadgets, gardening tools, surprise outdoor parties and indoor dinner parties, and anything that can make their father happy. This is a wonderful day to make our fathers happy and make them feel that they brought up thankful offspring.
Father is a glamorized figure in almost every religion and culture. It is because of the important role of a father in the nurturing (growth) of a child.
International Father’s Day History
Sonora Smart Dodd is credited with founding this beautiful day in the honor of those who sacrificed their present for our future (our parents, mom, and dad). Dodd was born in Arkansas, the United States of America. Her father William Jackson Smart was a Civil War veteran and he brought up his six children including Sonora Smart being a single parent. Dodd glamorized her authoritarian father as a “very strict man” and expressed that his strictness was the main reason behind her family’s unity. For the first time, Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in the state of Washington, thanks to the struggle of Sonora Smart Dodd.
In 1972 President Richard Nixon declared a permanent national holiday on father’s day. By the mid-1980s, the Father’s Day Council declared “Father’s Day” as a Second Christmas for all the men’s gift-oriented industries.
Father’s Day 2021 Celebrations
Father’s Day is not designated to revere solely one’s biological father rather modern Father’s Day suggests that we should celebrate this day with those whom we consider worthy to be our father even if they are not our fathers biologically or legally. Father’s Day is an important celebration in our lives in two ways. In one way, it gives us an opportunity to thank our fathers for their sacrifices. on the other side, it helps us to understand the challenges of fatherhood. It also teaches us to stay responsible while dealing with our children because they will have to lift the burden of the nation on their shoulders on the day. It is our moral obligation to train them well for such hard times.
Father’s Day Activities
International Father’s Day 2021 is not a Public holiday however some NGOs and Governments arrange this day’s celebrations.
Are you also confused about how to celebrate Father’s Day? Let me give you a few suggestions and you can plan your activities on this day,
- Buy flowers to wish your father.
- Start your day by wishing your father this day and thank him for bringing you up.
- Bring a Father’s Day gift for him that you can afford and you think that it would make him happy.
- Plan a brunch or dinner together.
- Plan an outing party with your family.
- Spare time to watch a movie together or have a sitting together.
- Share your childhood memories and feelings with your father.
- If you are celebrating the day with someone other than your biological father, express your feelings with compassion and make him/her realize how much you revere him/her.
- Follow hashtag trends like #FathersDay on Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Share your favorite quotes about the importance of father or Father’s Day with your friends and followers.
- Look for men who lost their children and share your happiness with them rather than make them part of this happiness in the way you can afford it.
Father’s Day Gifts and Gift Ideas
Many options are available if you want to surprise your father with a Father’s Day gift. Certain things are mentioned below if you are going to buy something for your father.
- Book: 101 So Bad, They’re Good Dad Jokes by Elias Hill
- Cuff links
- Gardening Tools
- Dad’s Favorite Book(s)
- His favorite musical instruments
- Anything that you think your dad would like
- Men’s Wicked Good Moccasins (Comfortable Shoes)
- Check if you can buy him a Heater or Air Conditioner
- Apple AirPods Pro
- The best gift for him would be your company all day, try to give him this cheap and valuable gift.
International Father’s Day Dates
|International Father's Day||2021||20 June||Sunday||Observance|
|International Father's Day||2022||19 June||Sunday||Observance|
|International Father's Day||2023||12 June||Sunday||Observance|
|International Father's Day||2024||16 June||Sunday||Observance|
|International Father's Day||2025||15 June||Sunday||Observance|