Date and Day
National Caesar Salad Day 2022 is falling on Monday 4th of July 2022. The United States of America (USA) celebrates the 4th of July as National Caesar Salad Day every year.
Theme of National Caesar Salad Day
“Healthier, modern and more delicious” may be considered the theme of national Caesar Salad Day 2022. Caesar Salad is one of the most famous recipes in the USA. People in the United States have become more diet conscious and more specific in their food. Because of its Cheese topping and higher quantity of Sodium, this Salad offers rich calories. Caesar Salad of today is prepared as per the taste of the people rather than being a mere traditional cuisine. People who are losing weight may also take this diet by adding raw eggs and freshly grated Parmesan cheese in their topping.
What is Caesar Salad?
Caesar Salad is a green salad of Italian origin. Myths also say that this salad was one of the favorite cuisines of Julius Caesar. The most authentic etymology, however, prefers that the name is given after the name of its first chef Caesar Cardini who was an Italian by origin. This dish, therefore, contains Italian touch. The most prominent ingredients of Caesar Salad are as under:
- Romaine or Cos Lettuce
- Olive oil
- Crushed garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Raw or coddled eggs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Traditional Caesar Salad vs Modern Caesar Salad
Classic salad contains romaine lettuce tossed with a creamy homemade dressing and Topped with aged Parmesan cheese and crunchy croutons.
Modern variants of Caesar Salad like Steak Caesar Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad and Shrimp Caesar Salad unlike Cardini’s traditional recipe oppose using anchovy in their salads.
History of National Caesar Salad Day
Many references from the history of this day suggest that in 1924 Caesar Cardini, a restaurateur was running his restaurant in Tijuana Mexico when his daughter Rosa Cardini reported that his father had eventually made a recipe that afterwards called Caesar Salad. Some also refer that this recipe was not a deliberate design. On the 4th of July 1924, some Americans were celebrating American Independence day at Cardini’s restaurant where he in anxiety caused by the rush and shortage of food, put everything he had in his recipe which ultimately delighted the Americans and they took the idea to California. Since then, this day is observed as national Caesar Salad Day in the United States.
Why we celebrate National Caesar Salad Day?
Purpose and Significance of Caesar Salad Day
These are two important reasons to celebrate this day.
i. Caesar Salad for weight loss
As it is the most famous dish of America, many people are conscious that the ingredients of Caesar Salad may cause fattening. Multiple dieticians of America however, suggest that if you have fear of getting weight and you cannot resist eating this Salad, try to add less salt, a minimum quantity of cheese and raw eggs in it. One purpose of this day is, therefore, promotion of the hygienic impacts with a modern design of Caesar Salad.
ii. Association with American Independence Day
Another glorious fact behind the historical purpose of National Caesar Salad Day is it has the same observations as American Independence day. Similarly, when the cuisine Caesar Salad was reported to be prepared in 1924, people were celebrating American Independence Day. Hence a historical coincidence enhances its worth at the national level. The purpose of this day is to increase the happiness of independence with a delicious touch of Caesar Salad.
Key facts and Importance of Caesar Salad
- About half of the restaurants of the United States serve Caesar Salad and generate revenue through its delicious recipes.
- Caesar Salad is a rich-calorie diet that is usually taken as lunch.
- Nutritional facts about Caesar Salad express a greater percentage of Fats and Sodium. A traditional Caesar salad has 470 calories, 40 grams of fat (9 grams of which are saturated), and 1070 milligrams of sodium.
- As the popularity of Caesar Salad has grown, the demand for Romaine Lettuce has also surged. There are nearly 80,000 acres of romaine lettuce farms in the country. Between 1990 and 2009, the per capita consumption of romaine in the US has increased by more than 600%.
- Raw eggs in Caesar Salad’s dressing don’t create problems as the acidity of lemon juice kills the germs and using salmonella with raw eggs is quite safe.
National Caesar Salad Day activities and celebrations.
For fun and entertainment, here are some activities for observation of Caesar Salad Day:
- Share the recipes of Caesar Salad with each other and discover a unique and modern style to prepare your own recipe of Caesar Salad.
- Increase the joys of independence day and express the symbolic representation of American flags through Caesar Salad.
- Eat a traditional Caesar Salad and commemorate the efforts of Caesar Cardini for the happiness of the public.
- Restaurants can also make special deals and the offers attached with Independence Day and can attract their customers through delicious versions of Caesar Salad.
- Use hashtag #National&CaesarSaladDay on social media apps and share your pictures and videos of different cuisines of Caesar Salad. Spread fun and entertainment along with your Independence Day celebrations.
You may like,